Sunday, August 22, 2010

Visions of the Future

 

When someone asks you about your plans for the future, how do you respond? More importantly, what goes through your mind as the word future just hits you without a warning? What is your drive to achieve the goals you have set up for the future?

Whenever someone asks me about my future, I say, “I’ve seen it, not clearly, but I have, seems like the only thing I have to worry about is how I get there.” Cryptic answer, isn’t it? That’s exactly what I thought when I asked a tarot reading about my future. A lot of times we are under pressure to think about our future, whether it is from parents, or friends; teachers or…you (yes, there is no bigger pressure than that you put over your own shoulders).

Believe it or not, those questions can be quite stressful. You’ll start feeling frustrated because you think that you are letting a lot of people down “I said I would do” this and that “to” whoever. Other times you will feel disappointed that you have not done enough to reach the goal you have set for yourself. But the bottom line is, the only person you have to answer to is yourself, who cares what others want you to be. What do you want to be? Don’t think about the future for others, think about the future for you and when you feel disappointed with yourself, just remember that you are only human and there is only so much you can do before you start hearing a siren going off in your head warning you that there is a nervous breakdown coming up ahead. If you know you can do better, then push yourself to do better, continue walking that path and don’t be influenced by people that have given up on their lives.

Why am I sharing all this with you? Because I built this space to speak to you, tell you not just about my book, but to open my mind to you.

Once again, I beg of you not to feel bad about tripping while you walk towards those wonderful goals you all have set up. You just have to get up and keep on walking, and if you feel you can’t walk anymore, tell yourself that’s a lie and keep going; continue walking even if your body is screaming, begging you to stop. We all have to make sacrifices to reach our dreams, to get where we want to go.

To those of us that are just starting to feel tired from all that walking, remember to put more effort into it, don’t give up, crawl if you must, but continue! Let’s pursue those dreams, let’s seize the day and march down our paths with the assurance that all this work we have put into reaching those dreams, will be worth it once we get there.

About Feather Spade, I have not heard from agents in a couple of weeks, I still have some queries out and I’m waiting for September to mail out some more. There might be a new project in the works, but I will not go into anymore details. I’m only one man, can’t keep track of all the things that are in my mind. Reminds me that I need an organizer.

All right everyone, that’s it for today, I will continue to keep you posted on anything Feather Spade related. Tell your friends that if they need some advice, or they just want to venture into another’s mind, to pull up those browsers and check out my blog.

If you wish me to address a certain topic, or simply have any questions, please be kind enough to visit the Official James Fenix Fan Page in facebook. Until next week,

I’m your writer,

James Fenix

No comments:

Post a Comment