Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sneak Peek at Feather Spade

 

Good day my faithful readers,

This last week, yours truly was stuck with dictionaries (for spell checking) and a red pen (which I don’t use those often) for correcting the mistakes on my, yet to be sent, query letter. The process of publishing is slow as I may have already explained, but we can never be too cautious. We want the agent or editor, we have chosen, to want to read the text we have worked so hard to put together and not squirm in pain with silly mistakes.

I have decided to give you a small peek at Feather Spade. Although it is only a small passage of a 98,800 word novel, I hope you enjoy it.

Robin felt as if he were completely vulnerable; as if he had no clothes, no hair, no skin, no muscles, no bones, no organs, no cells, and no soul. He felt as if he was nothing but an empty shell. His body became numb, and his mind was naught. He could have died that moment and he would not have been aware of it. He felt as if he had a hole through which the knowledge of his self was gushing out.

The above passage was an excerpt from Feather Spade’s Chapter Six: Twenty-One Years of Lies. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. If you have any comments, feel free to leave them, I enjoy seeing my work from the point of view of others.

I have to go back to that query I’ve been “decorating” with red ink. I will continue to keep you posted with the latest in this journey to publishing. Thank you for reading the words of this phoenix.

Your writer,

James Fenix

No comments:

Post a Comment